- No one will ever ask for your password over email or by phone. Never send your password over email and be very wary of emails with links to websites that ask you to enter your password. When in doubt, don't hesitate to contact us.
- There are several different password systems at UCSD and it's important to understand which is which. Please see this article to understand the difference: Account/Password Matrix
- If you reset your IGPP account password, you'll need to change it in your ChronoSync script too.
- Your account authenticates with our directory servers. When going on a cruise, it's necessary to have a separate, local account due to an issue with the onboard internet that can sometimes stall authentication.
- For information on creating a local account, see this article: Local vs Mobile Accounts
- For information on what to do when authentication stalls while at sea, see this article: What To Do When Locked Out Of Computer Laptop
- Most systems have a network copy of MATLAB that authenticates with UCSD's servers. Due to an issue with the onboard internet, you may need to purchase and configure your copy with a local license.
- Pause Crashplan Pro backup since CrashPlan runs constantly, even when the application is not open
- To determine if your computer is still under warranty, see this article: Warranty Status
- The IGPP Help Desk can perform warranty repairs on IGPP owned Apple computers