- In Finder, go to Go in the top menu and choose Connect to Server (at the very bottom), or just press Command + K.
- Type in for the Server Address, and click Connect.
- Click "Change Password" in the lower-left corner of the connect window.
- Input your old password, new password (twice) and choose "Change Password".
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Users & Groups.
- Click on Change Password.
- Enter old password, then enter your new password followed by a 2nd entry to confirm the new password.
- Click Change Password.
- Reboot your computer to make sure you can still login.