Copy and Paste in DOS prompt
Conrad McGarry updated July 14, 2014 at 7:28 PM
- How do I configure my DOS prompt for simple copying and pasting? How do I configure my DOS prompt for simple copying and pasting?
Note: This procedure works for Windows XP and Windows 7 7
- Open a command (DOS) prompt using your preferred method.
- Right click on the title bar of the Command Prompt Window.
- Select Properties Properties .
- Under the Options Options tab in the Edit Options Edit Options box box, check QuickEdit Mode QuickEdit Mode and uncheck and uncheck Insert Mode Insert Mode
- Click OK OK . Choose the Modify shortcut that started this window Modify shortcut that started this window and click OK.
- : This step does not occur for Windows 7
- Close and re-open the Command Prompt window
- While in the command prompt window, highlighting text and pressing enter (return) will copy text. Right click in the command prompt window will paste text.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.