- What do I do when X11 and Matlab stop working after performing a Software Update in Mac OS X 10.5.x?
Several security updates for Mac OS X 10.5 break the X11 and, consequently, Matlab. This problem appears to be specific to 10.5.x and has not been encountered in 10.6.x.
To fix this, install or reinstall the XQuartz version of X11.
- Download the latest release here. (Direct link to download here.)
- Open the downloaded disk image. The contents will appear.
- Open the X11 installer.
- Continue through the Installer to install or reinstall X11.
- After the installation finishes, X11 and Matlab should resume working.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.