Desmond Leung updated November 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM
- How do I SSH with X11 or XQuartz display forwarding from the Barnyard lab computers?
You will need:
- X11 or XQuartz (located in /Applications/Utilities/)
- an account with IGPP (use this account request form to request a new account if necessary)
- to be on UCSD network (if you are away from UCSD, login to VPN. Instructions on how to do this are located here: How to VPN into the UCSD network)
- Make sure that you are on UCSD network and have an IGPP OD account (required for SSH to Barnyard machines).
- Open a X11 or XQuartz window.
- SSH into the Barnyard machines by typing: ssh -Y username@igppgateway
- Test display forwarding by typing xcalc. A window should appear with a scientific calculator.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Help Desk.