Andrew Chan updated August 19, 2016 at 6:13 PM
- What should I do in the event of a lockout from my laptop? What should I do in the event of a lockout from my laptop?
- Why can't I log in to my mobile account? Why can't I log in to my mobile account?
- How can I log into my mobile account when I'm at sea? How can I log into my mobile account when I'm at sea?
- Before leaving campus, make sure to create separate local admin account as a backup way to unlock the computer.
- In the rare case, when a machine, in an improperly configured network environment, users may experience inability to login to the computer. This occurs when the computer still has an active network connections (i.e. wireless) enabled.
- In such lock-out situations, login to the computer with the local admin account and disable wifi (and/or unplug ethernet, if present).
- Then login into normal OD account, re-enable wifi (and/or ethernet, if present) and proceed normally.
- Users may also experience inability to authenticate a setting change (i.e. from System Preferences) using OD credentials. Users can use the local admin account credentials to proceed.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.