Wayne Chen updated September 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM
- I accidentally deleted a file from my computer and realized I still need it. How do I restore a file using Chronosync? I accidentally deleted a file from my computer and realized I still need it. How do I restore a file using Chronosync?
How to restore a file with Chronosync's archive
- If you need to recover a file that was accidentally deleted, go to the Archive tab. Make sure that the User volume of igppnethome is mounted. Instructions on how to connect via AFP can be found here .
- The archive tab will look something like this:
- This is a list of all of the files that have been dleted on your local account. When you synchronize to the server, and a file exists on the server but does not exist on your local machine, the file on the server gets moved to "_Archived Items" and gets added to this list. The file will also retain its path.
- To restore a file, browse the list and find whatever it is you deleted. For example, to restore a file that was accidentally deleted from the Documents folder you would double click on Documents, and it will show a list of files that have been deleted from that folder. If the file that needed to be recovered was " resume.doc resume.doc ," right-click the file and select restore. If you have a single button mouse, hold down the control key and click.
- After you click restore, the following window will come up. Click on Specific Folder and restore it to a known place on your machine.
--Warning: If you click on the default response, Original Location, it will restore the file to where it was on the server. You want it to be on your local machine, so that it will back it up again. If it is on the server and is not on your machine, it will just get deleted again when you synchronize.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.