Erick Pomplun updated September 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM
This page will walk you through the steps on installing Matlab 2016a as a licensed standalone version. These steps can also be found on Matlab's official website through the following link:
Download the Installer
- Create a MathWorks Account using your @ucsd.edu email address: http://mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do . Please include your department affiliation in your registration.
- Go to the License Center: http://mathworks.com/licensecenter .
- Click Add License in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose Associate by Activation Key and click Continue.
- When prompted to do so, enter the Activation Key: 18162-63691-80459-26917-16111
- Go to: http://mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release.
- Click the download button for the current release.
- Click the installer button to download the installer.
Install and Activate
Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location. The name of the installer file is:Windows: Matlab_ _ win64.exe Mac OS X: Matlab_ _maci64.zip
- Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called Matlab
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the license you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- When asked to provide a user name, verify that the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.