Paul Dean updated July 26, 2016 at 1:20 PM
- How do I install Sophos Anti-Virus? How do I install Sophos Anti-Virus?
- How do I uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus? How do I uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus?
Installing Sophos for Mac
- In Finder, go to "Go" in the top menu and choose "Connect to Server..."
- In the "Server Address" box, type afp://igppsoftware.ucsd.edu and click Connect
- Type in your Open Directory (OD) username and password and click Connect
- Select igppsoftware and click OK
- Navigate to the /Anti-Virus/Campus_Sophos folder.
- Mount Sophos Anti-Virus UCSD 9.X.X YYYYMMDD.dmg by double-clicking on it.
- Open up the installer package within the disk image and follow instructions to install.
- Once the installation finishes, navigate to your Applications folder and launch Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Under the "Sophos Anti-Virus" menu, select Update Now.
- If the option to "Update Now" is grayed out, please contact IGPP Help Desk for assistance.
Installing Sophos for Windows
If you want to install Sophos Anti-Virus on your Windows computer, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Start button and select Run.
Note: If you are using Windows 7 you may need to search for the Run option.
- In the Run window type in '\\igppsoftware.ucsd.edu\igppsoftware' and press OK.
- You will be prompted for your username and password. Please enter your IGPP OpenDirectory (OD) credentials. Note: DO NOT cache your credentials when logging into this server.
- Press OK to connect.
- Navigate to \Anti-Virus\Campus_Sophos\Windows folder.
- To install Sophos, run "UCSD Sophos Network Rly05.exe"
For instructions on how to uninstall Sophos refer to this wiki page: Uninstalling Sophos Anti-Virus
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP HelpDesk.