This page provides instructions on how to enable the network adapter in VMware Fusion to provide internet connectivity to the virtual machine.
- VPN on the Mac side or the VMware side is not necessary while connected to the campus network.
- While off-campus, make sure to disable VPN on the macOS side before powering on the VM and using VPN within the VM.
- With the virtual machine (VM) already open, click on the tool icon at the top of the window:
- Then click on Network or Network Adapter:
- Make sure the Connect Network Adapter is checked:
- Close the window.
- Launch a web browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.) inside the virtual machine and try visiting a known website (i.e. https://www.google.com/). If it opens, then the network connection has been established. If it doesn't, then you need to find another solution or reach out to us at https://igpp.ucsd.edu/computing/forms/help.
Content by label
There is no content with the specified labels