Phong Tran updated September 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM
In OS X Yosemite, the "Reset Safari" option has been removed so you will need to manually reset settings in Safari.
Here is a list of steps to take in order to manually reset Safari:
A. Backup Safari Folder
This step will save your Safari folder onto the desktop with a date stamp
Open Terminal and paste the following:
B. Wipe old Safari settings
This step completely wipes all of your Safari settings .
In Terminal, paste the following:
C. Clear Website Data
- Navigate to " Safari > Preferences > Privacy Safari > Preferences > Privacy "
- Select " Remove All Website Data... Remove All Website Data... " and confirm that you want to remove all website data.
D. Remove Saved Names and Passwords
- Navigate to " Safari > Preferences > Passwords Safari > Preferences > Passwords "
- Select " Remove All Remove All " and confirm that you want to remove all saved website preferences for name and passwords.
E. Remove AutoFill Form text
- In Safari Preferences, navigate to "Autofill"
- If you do not want to AutoFill web forms, uncheck all options.
- For "User names and passwords", "Credit cards ", and "Other forms", select "Edit" and remove all saved information.