Conrad McGarry updated July 11, 2014 at 1:34 PM
- How do I move email on the server to my local mailbox?
To reduce emails stored on the mail server you can follow the below steps to move them to your local mail client.
Creating Local Mailbox in Apple Mail
- Open Mail.app
- Click the "+" symbol in the lower left-hand corner. Then select "New Mailbox..."
- Under the Location drop-down menu, select "On My Mac". Type in a name for your local mailbox. Then click "OK".
Moving Messages to Local Mailbox
- Highlight the messages that you want to move to your local mailbox.
- Highlight multiple emails by holding down the Command key while clicking on the messages. Alternatively, you can select a long chain of messages by holding down the Shift Shift key while clicking on the messages.
- From the Message menu bar of Mail, navigate to "Move To" and then to "On My Mac". Select the mailbox you wish to move the highlighted messages to. This will move the messages that you selected from the mail server to your computer.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Help Desk.