Desmond Leung updated September 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
- Why haven't I received my CrashPlan Backup Status Notification? Why haven't I received my CrashPlan Backup Status Notification?
- How do I verify that I'm receiving CrashPlan notifications? How do I verify that I'm receiving CrashPlan notifications?
By default CrashPlan is set to send the Backup Status Notification every 1 day. If less than 24 hours have elapsed, you are still within the normal window for the notification to be sent. If 48 hours have elapsed since installation and you still haven't received an email, please see the below steps to verify that you're able to receive CrashPlan notifications.
Users familiar with ChronoSync may be used to receiving daily notifications at regular time of day. This is because ChronoSync was set to sync once per day at a preset time and send a report when finished. CrashPlan, however, runs continuously and notifications are not tied to a specific event (such as sync completion).
Verify that You're Receiving CrashPlan Notifications:
To verify that you're receiving notifications properly, try to manually trigger a Backup Status Notification by doing the following:
- Open CrashPlan.app (in the Applications folder)
- Click on the Settings (side).
- Click on the General (top)
- Click on the Configure button next to "Email"
Click the Send Now button next to "Send backup status report every  days"
You should receive the notification within the next few minutes.
If you're still unable to receive the notification, there may be a problem.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.