Conrad McGarry updated July 14, 2014 at 7:28 PM
- How do I configure my DOS prompt for simple copying and pasting? How do I configure my DOS prompt for simple copying and pasting?
Note: This procedure works for Windows XP and Windows 7
- Open a command (DOS) prompt using your preferred method.
- Right click on the title bar of the Command Prompt Window.
- Select Properties.
- Under the Options tab in the Edit Options box, check QuickEdit Mode and uncheck Insert Mode
- Click OK. Choose the Modify shortcut that started this window Modify shortcut that started this window and click OK.
Note: This step does not occur for Windows 7
- Close and re-open the Command Prompt window
- While in the command prompt window, highlighting text and pressing enter (return) will copy text. Right click in the command prompt window will paste text.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.