Cipriano Servin updated September 26, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Connecting using SMB
Connection via SMB is currently supported to your home directories (igppnethome) and igppsoftware. Please review alternate methods of accessing your files documented on this page.
Note: When connecting from outside the UCSD network, VPN is required.
- In Finder, go to Go in the top menu and choose Connect to Server.., or just press ⌘ + K.
- Type in the name of the server/computer that you want to connect to, and click 'Connect'.
- Type in your username and password.
- Select the volume that you wish to mount.
- Press OK and you can now browse the remote system.
- Click on the Start button and select Run.
Note: If you are using Windows 7 you may need to search for the Run option.
- In the Run window type in '\\igppsoftware.ucsd.edu\igppsoftware' and press OK.
Please remember to change the server address if you are accessing a server other than igppnethome.
- You will be prompted for your username and password. Please enter your IGPP OpenDirectory credentials.
Note: Do Not cache your credentials when logging into this server.
- Press OK and now you can perform your desired operations on igppsoftware.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Net Ops.