- What is the difference between all my accounts/passwords?
- What are my accounts used for?
Five Types of Accounts
- Active Directory (Campus AD)
- Open Directory (IGPP OD)
- Business Systems
- Network (Kerberos)
- UCSD Google Domain
Use this account request form to request a new account if necessary.
Active Directory (Campus AD) password
- ACMS Computer Labs
- UCSD Jabber Instant Messaging
- Encrypted Wi-Fi (UCSD-PROTECTED)
- IGPP Website
- IGPP CrashPlan Pro backup
- igppticket HelpDesk ticket tracking system
- UCSD Exchange E-mail and Calendars (mail.ucsd.edu)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- UCSD Google Apps for Education
If you don't remember your password, follow the instructions on the Active Directory Password Change Tool.
Open Directory (IGPP OD) password
- Barnyard lab machine login.
- igppsoftware repository (matlab etc).
- Various IGPP network storage and servers.
If you need to change your OD password (old password required), visit https://igppod.ucsd.edu/. The password requirements are:
- Contain at least 7 characters.
- Contain at least 1 numeric character.
- Different than previous password.
If you don't remember your OD password, please contact the IGPP HelpDesk @ ext. 41753 or Room 4112
password Business Systems (Single Sign-On)
- At Your Service
- Link Family of tools
- Other UCSD business and finance systems (TN3270, aka ADCOM)
Network (Kerberos) password
- Legacy UCSD Web proxy
If you know your password and need to change it, follow the instructions on the Network Password Change form.
If you don't remember your username or password, please contact the IGPP HelpDesk @ ext. 41753 or Room 4112 to request it OR take your UCSD picture ID or your driver's license and a letter on UCSD letterhead confirming your position to combined ACMS/ ACT Help Desk @ Applied Physics & Mathematics building (AP&M), Room 1313.
(uses AD password) UCSD Google Domain
- Drive (unlimited per user storage space)
To activate your UCSD Google Domain account, use your AD username/password and go to: http://googleactivation.ucsd.edu.
For more detailed information on your UCSD passwords and where they're used, see ACT's page on: Getting or Changing UCSD Passwords.
If you need further assistance, please contact IGPP Help Desk.